First of all, I am so grateful to be the home to this second little baby boy of ours. I am currently 31 weeks along. Pregnancy is such a wild ride and while it can be hard, I love the miracle that it is! So here’s my way of dealing with it (humor).
You know you’re pregnant when…
- Drinking water gives you heartburn
- Looking at Pinterest gives you heartburn
- You go to fill up a water bottle, get distracted by cookies and then forget everything you needed to do that day
- You walk by the mirror, think about sucking it in and give up before that though even finishes
- Google becomes your best friend and worst enemy..especially when using ‘pregnancy’ and ‘normal’
- Putting on socks and shoes is like a circus act, so you opt for sandals in the snow
- You stay awake for a whole movie that was started before 8 pm and need someone to high five you for it
- Your toddlers bedtime becomes your bedtime
- You teach sixth grade full of boys and can smell them BEFORE recess is over
- Coworkers stare at you eating and before you can say anything, they respond, “We know, we know, it’s for the baby.”
- You try on all your clothes and then end up back in the sweats
- The glowing people talk about is really sweat and it gives you zits
- Your husband knows there’s a certain way he has to help you off the couch. This way, THEN that way.
- You cry for no reason and then try to laugh about it which leads to more crying
- You wake up, take a shower and then nap because it was exhausting
Thanks for reading!
If you’ve been pregnant before, here are a few questions for you:
What do you miss most about being pregnant?
What do you miss least about being pregnant?
What would you add to this list?